Published on February 14, 2020
Care & Maintenance for CHPL
When it comes to signage, appearance counts. Beyond a simple eye-sore, dirty signs or ones with graffiti interfere with your brand and reputation. They can also prevent customers from properly interacting with your space. More than ever, companies are looking to invest in a versatile and durable material that ensures their signs can be enjoyed for years to come.
In this article, we’ll discuss why the care and maintenance of
The Secret to Easy Care & Maintenance: The CHPL Manufacturing Process
If you’ve ever used CHPL for a project, you can attest to the material’s unmatched quality and durability. That’s because CHPL is created through a simple, but precise chemical bonding process that’s backed by science and decades of proven experience in the market. The material is made by layering high-res printed graphics and proprietary overlays with a core of phenolic resin-impregnated Kraft paper.
As the melamine resin flows, it permeates the digital print and all of the materials are consolidated into a single panel of thermoset plastic. The end product? A material that is durable, thermally stable, impervious to moisture, and high-impact resistant. It’s no wonder why it’s so easy to clean with a simple soap and water solution! Beyond that, it’s simple to maintain in any indoor and outdoor environment.
Caring for CHPL in Interior Environments
Whether you work at a museum, a visitor center, or even a restaurant, you’re likely employing some form of high-pressure laminate on your surfaces. Versatile in use, CHPL is found in furniture, fixtures, displays, and signs. Here are a few reasons why successful companies love using CHPL in their indoor environments:
- It’s antimicrobial and scratch-resistant, making it perfect for all visitors, including little fingers that like to touch everything!
- It’s safe for you and the environment, so you never have to worry about exposing your visitors (or the world) to harmful chemicals or toxins.
- It‘s easy to wash, which means you won’t waste money on expensive cleaning solutions or have to hire a special team to keep your space free of paint, markers, and decals.
Maintenance for CHPL in Outdoor Environments
In outdoor environments, the process of creating CHPL is taken a step further to include a UV-resistant topcoat that can withstand graffiti, weather, and chemicals. This ensures your project will stand the tests of time, regardless of extreme environmental conditions and heavy public interaction. Here are a few reasons why successful companies love using CHPL in their outdoor environments:
- It can withstand pollution, dirt, sap, stickers, and more.
- It’s thermally stable, which means rain or shine, heat or cold, your sign will look brand new and continue to make a lasting impression.
- It‘s easy to install! Once your sign is properly mounted, you can set it and leave it, which means you won’t waste unnecessary time and cost fixing, repairing (or, replacing) your signage after a high-traffic season or a big storm.
Never replace your sign again – Getting started with CHPL
When you’re ready to start your next project using CHPL, it’s important you choose a manufacturer that can guarantee the easy care and maintenance that this material is capable of providing! When you use iZone’s Custom High Pressure Laminate or CHPL, you’ll get the peace of mind you need because our products are:
- Backed by a 10-year warranty.
- Simple to install with flexible mounting solutions.
- Durable, easy to clean & maintain, impervious to moisture, and high-impact resistant.
Whether your project will be displayed indoors or outside, whether visitor will be interacting with it or it will be exposed to extreme temperatures, iZone’s CHPL is guaranteed to last, keeping you and your customers happy.
Check out our
Let us know how we can help you create your next meaningful and long-lasting sign or display using CHPL!